ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. All who enter a Live Events Event, hereby agree to the following: EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY: Live Events (Pty) Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) and all its subsidiaries, the venue, all contractors and any of its directors, officials, agents, employees and sponsors associated with the show/event shall not be liable to any visitor at any exhibition for any personal injury or death, or for the loss or damage to any property of whatsoever nature belonging to the visitor, howsoever arising or brought to the exhibition venue by the visitor, and whether caused by reason of default or negligence of any of the said persons. The Company tries to ensure the utmost quality in exhibitors however, the Company cannot be held liable for any goods purchased from any exhibitor that may be damaged. Any contracts entered into by the visitor and exhibitor at the exhibition is strictly between the two parties and the Company cannot be held responsible for any altercations. The Company will not be held responsible for any damages, fire or theft to vehicles or injury to persons howsoever caused. Vehicles parked on or surrounding the premises are done so at the owners risk. The following items are prohibited and may not be brought into the venue: firearms, knives, glass bottles or any items deemed not suitable for admission by security. Bags and Visitor Guides are an added value and are given out on a first come first served basis while stocks last. RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED.
GENERAL TICKET PURCHASES. These apply to all ticket holders.
1. The Organiser is Live Events (Pty) Ltd.
2. The “Show” is a Live Events event (together, the “Show”) and references to ‘you’ and/or the ‘visitor’ shall mean a visitor to the Show.
3. All tickets, discounts and promotions are subject to availability.
4. Visitors will not be allowed admission to the Show without a valid ticket. Each valid ticket will gain entry for a visitor to the Show between the show hours show open dates. Tickets shall not grant access for visitors under any circumstances to any other shows (whether collocated with the Show or not) which may be announced by the Organiser from time to time.
5. Presentation of the ticket for Show admission constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions upon which the Organiser is prepared to grant entry.
6. A ticket is valid for one admission only on the day of presentation (unless otherwise expressly stated by the Organiser). Removal of the stub or any alteration may invalidate the ticket.
7. Tickets containing mistakes cannot be rectified on presentation of the tickets at the Show.
8. No children under the age of 16 years will be admitted access to the Show (even with a valid ticket) without any accompanying adult.
9. All children entering the Show must have a ticket.
10. A ticket obtained in contravention of these terms and conditions, or which in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion is being used, or is intended to used, in contravention of these terms and conditions, shall be void. All rights conferred or evidenced by such a ticket shall be nullified.
11. For public safety the Organiser reserves the right and ultimate discretion to refuse admission to or to eject visitors to the Show or with respect to Show attractions in reasonable circumstances (for example taking health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account), and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors. Visitors should note that they may be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of being (or appearing to be) abusive, threatening, or drunken, declining to be searched, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances or for any other anti-social behaviour. Determination of such shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
12. Each visitor admitted to the Show enters the Show at their own risk.
Promotional & Discounted Tickets
13. Promotional or discounted tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
14. Tickets shall not be used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or other similar commercial or non-commercial purpose including, but not limited to, being awarded as a prize (or part of) without the consent of the Organiser.
Refunds, Exchange, Transfer or Resale
15. All tickets remain the property of the Organiser.
16. No refunds are available on tickets.
17. Tickets cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
18. Any replacement of lost, damaged or stolen tickets remains at the discretion of the Organiser.
Right to Cancel, Defer, Rearrange or Amend
19. The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the show in whole or in part or any of its attractions at any time without obligation to refund or exchange tickets.
20. If for any reason the Organiser cannot offer you any feature or attraction at the time or date specified, it will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative time and/or date during the Show, but it will not be obliged to do so.
21. Possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
22. Visitors may be filmed and/or recorded for broadcast, marketing, Show promotion or security purposes during the Show.
23. Other than for private or domestic use, any ticket holder attending the Show shall not record, use or transmit over the internet, radio, television or any other current or future media, any sound, image, recording or description of the Show without first obtaining explicit consent from the Organiser.
24. The distribution of leaflets or any other advertising material or the sale of articles anywhere within the Show premises is strictly forbidden without prior written permission from the Organiser; who reserves the right at its absolute discretion to confiscate such articles for infringement of this condition.
25. Ambush marketing is strictly prohibited and anyone caught carrying out such an activity will be evicted from the Show and potentially be subject to prosecution.
26. You must not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters, exhibitors or other parties commercially associated to the Show.
27. Alcohol is only served to those visitors aged 18 years and over. Proof of age may be requested at the time of serving alcohol.
28. Alcohol shall only be consumed in the designated areas.
29. Illegal substances will not be tolerated and the Organiser reserves the right to remove any visitor from the Show if the Organiser believes that they are either carrying or using any illegal substances.
30. Animals shall not be permitted to the Show except for guide and assistance dogs.
31. All damage to property, accidents and injuries incurred at the Show must be reported to the Organiser immediately in accordance with Show health and safety procedures.
32. The Organiser reserves the right at all times to refuse or restrict the use of any facilities and to eject any person refusing to comply with these conditions, or who the Organiser reasonably believes to behave inappropriately in any way, cause damage or annoyance to any other persons or property.
33. A transaction fee will apply to each individual online booking transaction.
34. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
Limitation of Liability
35. Except for any liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c. any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law;
36. the Organiser will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence or breach of statutory duty) for:
a. any damage to property, accidents or injuries incurred at the Show;
b. financial or other responsibility for: 1) any loss or liability incurred by a visitor at the Show, which arises or may arise as a result of contracts entered into by visitors with any exhibitor or for any advice sought or obtained from any exhibitor; or 2) any loss or damage to personal property brought into the Show;
c. any indirect, special or consequential losses, including, but not limited to: a) loss of profits; b) loss of revenue; c) loss of contracts; d) loss of data; and/or e) loss of goodwill.
37. The Organiser’s liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the tickets that you purchased.
38. These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer under the Consumer Protection Act 2009.
39. These terms and conditions (and the Gift Tickets terms and conditions where applicable) constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and any visitor and neither party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these terms and conditions which is not already set out in these terms and conditions.
40. If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted.
41. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
42. The purchase of any show ticket shall be governed by the laws of South Africa and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the South African courts.
Last reviewed: March 1, 2020.