One of her favourite recipes – and delicious to eat – is her healthy, quick-to-prepare salad.
“The rule when making salads is to work with the freshest ingredients as possible. The power ingredient that stands out in this salad is beetroot, as it adds a nice sweet balance to the dish. Beetroot is also rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C and an excellent source of folic acid, fibre, manganese and potassium, so it really is a wonderful ingredient to include in your diet.”
What You’ll Need:
- ½ head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- 1 cup of beetroot, thinly sliced
- ½tsp salt
- ½tsp mixed herbs
How to Make:
- In a large bowl add the lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, onion and cucumber and toss to mix together.
- In a heated pan add a knob of butter and then gently fry the thinly sliced beetroot (about 10 mins), adding the salt and dried mixed herbs before setting aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add to the salad bowl and mix all ingredients together.
Serve with dressing of your choice or enjoy as is.
For more delicious plant-based recipes, subscribe to our You Tube Channel HERE!