The true definition of indulgent healthy food. This trifle is 100% plant-based! Layered with luscious flavours from the deep, chocolatey brownies, dollops of smooth and creamy chocolate mousse, topped with a spiced berry compote with vanilla chia pudding to bring it all together.
What You’ll Need:
· B-well Baking Spray
· ½ cup B-well Pure Canola Oil
· 1 Tbsp B-well Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
· 2 cups quinoa flour (or other plant based flours)
· 3 ripe bananas, mashed/pureed
· ½ cup cacao powder
· 1 ½ cups almond milk (or other plant milk of choice)
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· ¼ tsp salt
· 1 cup coconut nectar sugar
· 2 ripe avocados
· 4 Tbsp cacao powder
· 1 ripe banana
· 3 Tbsp molasses
· 1 tsp vanilla essence
· 150g of your favourite berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mix)
· 50ml orange or berry juice
· 1 tsp cornflour / chia seeds
· 1 star anise
· 1 cinnamon stick
Chia Pudding (can double if prefer a looser, creamier trifle)
· 2 Tbsp chia seeds
· 1 can coconut milk
· 1 Tbsp rose water
· 1 tsp cardamom powder
· 1 tsp vanilla essence
· 1 Tbsp coconut nectar
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cacao powder, salt and baking powder and set aside
3. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas till slightly smooth (still slightly chunky). Add the B-Well Canola oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar. Stir well.
4. Take the medium bowl with dry ingredients and add to the large bowl with wet ingredients, mix and stir until all the ingredients are blended.
5. Allow mixture to rest for 10 min.
6. Spray cupcake moulds or cake tray with B-well Baking Spray.
7. Pour batter into moulds or greased cake tray and put into the oven.
8. Bake for 20 min, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until mixed.
1. In a small pot on medium heat, add in the berries, spices and juice. Gently mix, cover and let simmer for 15 min.
2. Stir in the cornflour and remove off the heat to thicken and cool.
1. Mix all the ingredients together and allow to stand and set in the refrigerator for a few hours before using. Blitz in the blender to make it smoother and creamier.
Recipe with thanks to our sponsor, B-well Foods
For more delicious plant-based recipes, subscribe to our You Tube Channel HERE!