- B-well Baking Spray
- ½ cup B-well Pure Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp B-well Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
- 2 cups quinoa flour (or other plant based flours)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed/pureed
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (or other plant milk of choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut nectar sugar
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 g of your favourite berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mix)
- 50 ml orange or berry juice
- 1 tsp cornflour / chia seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
Chia Pudding (can double if prefer a looser, creamier trifle)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cacao powder, salt and baking powder and set aside
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas till slightly smooth (still slightly chunky). Add the B-Well Canola oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar. Stir well.
- Take the medium bowl with dry ingredients and add to the large bowl with wet ingredients, mix and stir until all the ingredients are blended.
- Allow mixture to rest for 10 min.
- Spray cupcake moulds or cake tray with B-well Baking Spray.
- Pour batter into moulds or greased cake tray and put into the oven.
- Bake for 20 min, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until mixed.
- In a small pot on medium heat, add in the berries, spices and juice. Gently mix, cover and let simmer for 15 min.
- Stir in the cornflour and remove off the heat to thicken and cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together and allow to stand and set in the refrigerator for a few hours before using. Blitz in the blender to make it smoother and creamier.
Recipes we’re loving:
Chef Mokgadi Itsweng’s Dikgobe Bowl with Grilled Mushroom Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
Dikgobe is a sorghum grain and cowpea risotto. This is the traditional way that sorghum and beans were once eaten. Over the years, sorghum was replaced by corn to create the now traditional samp and beans that we enjoy as a staple in our diet.
Superfood Protein Smoothie Bowl
This mood-boosting superfood protein smoothie bowl is not only super healthy and delicious, but also high in protein, rich in antioxidants and vegan friendly.
Chef Tamsin Snyman’s Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin
Pumpkins were grown in Africa long before the Cape was colonized, and its popularity endures to this day. Rural communities cook pumpkin simply – sliced and boiled, or cooked with maize kernels, pap (maize meal) or beans. Early Dutch cooks mashed pumpkin with butter, sugar and cinnamon; this is an adaptation of that idea.
Avocado & Hummus Frozen Lollies
Plant-based iced treats have been predicted as the hottest (or coldest) food trend for 2023!
Discovering 4 Cape indigenous ingredients
Try this slaaitjie from Cape wild foods expert, Loubie Rusch. It contains deliciously juicy tart leaves from 3 succulent plants: sea pumpkin, sunrose and spekboom and the vegan ricotta balls are flavoured with fragrant wild rosemary.
Baked kelp ravioli filled with pesto on fresh tomato sauce with vegan parmesan and olive oil. Phil Mansergh of The Kelp Shack presents a completely unique method (developed by Phil) using the kelp frond as “nature’s ravioli”.
Cape Spice Soga Grapefruit & Rasberry Fiz
Sweet, sour, spicy and fizzy – and a gorgeous coral colour – try this delicious cocktail by renowned mixologist and cocktail specialist, Owen O’ Reilly.
Food that fuels your purpose
In this recipe certified Ayurvedic Nutritionist, Michele Mistry uses Ayurvedic Spices for flavour and health and to help counteract the destabilising extremes of Autumn – Vata season.
Thai Satay Sweet Potato Salad
Try this tasty Thai Satay Sweet Potato Salad for an exotic yet easy summer lunch. Sweet potatoes are wonderfully delicious and nutrient rich.
Chocolate-covered coconut bars are so yummy and so simple to veganize. They are light, refreshing and a perfect edible gift idea!