‘Zingiberaceae’ sure is a funny word to say, but it is the name of the family of super medical roots. That’s right, it’s ginger, and its potent immediate family member, turmeric. We’re putting these anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, immune boosting ingredients to work, hidden in these delicious, fragrant carrot muffins. From the ginger family, to yours.
Makes 10-12 muffins
Time: 45 Minutes
Star Boosting Ingredients:
- Turmeric: Natural anti-inflammatory, immune supporting.
- Ginger: Natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory.
- Carrot: Beta-carotene antioxidant, vitamin A precursor, immune boosting.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ cup flour of choice
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking (bicarbonate) soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove)
- 1 handful chopped dates/currants/raisins or other dried fruit
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 Tbsp B-well Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut, shredded
- 1 tsp turmeric powder / thumbnail amount knob of peeled fresh turmeric
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar for sweeter (optional)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup milk of choice (almond/oat/soya)
- chia seeds and coconut, topping
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180֯ C. Line a muffin pan or use B-well Canola Baking Spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Fold in dates, currants or other dried fruit.
- In another bowl or a cake mixer, combine all wet ingredients until well combined and the syrup is diluted.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just about combined. If too runny, add a few extra Tbsp of flour. Pour the batter into muffin pan. Garnish with chia seeds, coconut and nuts.
- Bake for 25-28 min. Cool for 5 min, then serve. Cool completely before storing (on the counter for the day, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days).
To Bake into a Loaf:
5. Add the batter to a 20 x 12 cm or smaller loafpan. Bake for 50-55 min (test with toothpick).
For more delicious plant-based recipes, subscribe to our You Tube Channel HERE!