Sustainability pledge for our events
We are conscious of our carbon footprint and reducing the negative environmental effects of our events is one of our most important goals.
We are committed to taking every step necessary to prevent harming the Earth. That’s why we have joined with industry leaders to join the pledge for a Net Zero Carbon footprint (link to https://netzerocarbonevents.org/join-us/). We commit to being Net Zero by 2040 and to make a 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
With the launch of the Net Zero Carbon Events Pledge during the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26), a wide-ranging network of global events industry players have united to fight climate change with the ultimate goal of eliminating the industry’s greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
It is only by working together with likeminded people and organisations that we will be able to reduce our impact to contribute towards a safe and healthy environment and to ensure a sustainable future.
We choose to collaborate with partners, suppliers and show participants who share the same values as us to continuously challenge and find new ways to reduce waste, energy and environmental impact and to ensure a safe and healthy environment and sustainable future. The Plant Powered Show is working closely with our venues, suppliers and exhibitors to ensure environmentally-friendly policies are in place, by adopting best practices wherever possible.
Our sustainability initiatives to support reductions in greenhouse emissions include:
- We choose to work with sustainable suppliers
- Select accessible venues that take sustainability seriously
- Embrace the world of virtual (hybrid show and online event meetings)
- Streamlined processes designed to minimize materials and waste
- Hand out sustainable and reusable merchandise
- Minimize single-use products
- Consider the reuse value of items
- Share our marketing materials digitally
- We encourage car sharing, public and active transport
- We partner with local programs and donate to those in need
- Arrange essential waste management
- Greener Food & Beverage