Bring on the heat in this mouth-watering spicy broccoli and mung bean (dithlodi) curry recipe. As one of the Future 50 Foods, mung beans (dithlodi) are sustainable and packed with nutritional value. They bring untold flavour and goodness to this tasty curry dish.
What You’ll Need:
- 200g (1 cup) mung beans (dithlodi), soaked overnight and drained (see NOTE)
- 300g broccoli florets
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 x KNORR Chakalaka Soup
- 5ml (1 tsp) turmeric powder
- 400ml (1 tin) lite coconut milk
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Sliced chilli and squeeze of lime juice, to serve
How to Make:
- Place the mung beans (dithlodi) in a saucepan and add 1 cup water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes until the mung beans (dithlodi) are tender. Drain.
- Toss the broccoli in the peanut oil, KNORR Chakalaka Soup and turmeric powder.
- Heat a frying pan to high heat and add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just browned.
- Add the mung beans (dithlodi) and coconut milk and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander and steamed rice on the side.
- Note: The mung beans (dithlodi) may sprout overnight – they are still perfectly good to use, in fact they are more easily digested this way and absorb flavour better due to the husk being cracked open.
For more delicious plant-based recipes, subscribe to our You Tube Channel HERE!